miércoles, 17 de julio de 2013

Bike disassembled

Aprilia RS 50 (Date: 2013/07/14)
Well, as many of you might have seen on Facebook, the bike is almost disassembled. I’ve removed the combustion engine, the exhaust pipe and all the dirt the bike had, that weighed more than the rest of the pieces. I spent more time removing the dirt and the dust than the other stuff.

As you can see in the next pic, the restoration of the chassis will take a long time; since being for so long in the street has caused a lot of rust (I will explain this process the next week). Besides, the tank support must be repaired, because even though is not going to be used to keep petrol, I am going to use it for other things.

Broken tank support 
Then, now I only have to disassemble the chassis (the black part), and a hard work sanding and painting to remove the rust. The rest of the chassis must be polished, as it has lost its metallic shine (if anyone offers to help me, I will invite to his/her to a snack and to a soft drink).

I think I will be able to speak to the most interesting point, which is the electric part. But you will have to wait a little bit more, because it is a long and difficult process.

You have a few actual pics below to see how it is going.

Photo gallery:

1 comentario:

  1. Aca le dejo mis dies

    Arregle el blog que solo me funcan las entradas de julio

    ResponderEliminar